- ezViz Batch Mode
- ERDC DSRC
- Most HPCMP Platforms
ezViz Batch Mode
ezViz Batch Mode is an offline visualization tool meant for post-processing or co-visualization of simulation outputs. It has three main operating modes:
- C/C++ API - There is a C/C++ API that can be compiled directly into your Simulation Codes for co-visualization of our data as the simulation is running.
- Post-processing - Using the previously stated API, you can write your own "intelligent" visualization tools.
- ezVizGeneric - There is a standalone binary named ezVizGeneric that can be used to process data once it is written to disk.
Most commonly, people use the ezVizGeneric binary. This allows users to write a simple ezVizGeneric script that specifies the type of data to load from disk, the operations to perform, and how the output will be written back to disk. Most commonly, data is read from disk and images are written back, but other options are available. This allows a large quantity of data to be processed non-interactively into images, which offers many benefits:
- It can be run after the simulation is complete or while the simulation is running
- Generating the images often is significantly faster than generating the data
- The resulting images are often significantly smaller than the source data, making transferring and analysis faster
- The entire process happens noninteractively, meaning it can run without user intervention and process a large number of data files
ezViz is installed on the following systems:
ezViz is also available on certain Classified systems. Contact DAAC for details.
- Supported Input File formats
- Supported Output File Formats
- Supported ezViz Input Formula Operations
- Selecting a Component
- ezViz Scene File Options - A complete list of all known key/value pairs in the ezVizGeneric Scene file
- ezViz Color Codes
- ezViz Revision History
- Using ezViz
- Specifying Input in ezViz
- Specifying Output in ezViz
- Specifying Colormaps in ezViz
- Specifying Operations in ezViz
- General Rendering Features
- Output Operations
- Complete ezViz Walkthrough: Isosurfaces of Breaking Waves
For more information on ezViz, see the following links:
A Web-Based ezVizGeneric Script Generator