The Clean filter uses the VTK filter vtkCleanPolyData. The filter merges coincident points if they do not meet certain criteria.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted yellow when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Clean from the main menu.
- The Piece invariant checkbox removes seams when running in parallel.
- The Tolerance slider is used to govern the tolerance of when two points are coincident in terms of length of the bounding box.
- The Absolute tolerance is the tolerance in absolute terms.
- The Tolerance is absolute checkbox turns on/off the use of Absolute tolerance.
- The Convert Lines to Points checkbox turns on/off the conversion of degenerate lines to points.
- The Convert Polys to Lines checkbox turns on/off the conversion of degenerate polygons to lines.
- The Convert Strips to Polys checkbox turns on/off the conversion of degenerate triangle strips to polygons.
- The Point Merging checkbox turns on/off the merging of points.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the surface will be generated.