The D3 filter uses the VTK filter vtkDistributedDataFilter. The D3 filter provides load balancing and data redistribution for any VTK data set. Additionally, the D3 filter automatically computes ghost cells.
- First the user selects from the Selection Window the data they wish to operate on. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->D3 from the main menu.
- The user has three options under the Boundary
Mode menu. The user can:
- Assign cells uniquely across the processes. This works well for isosurfaces.
- Duplicate cells across the processes.
- Divide cells across the processes. This works well for volume rendering.
- The user can force the communication routines to minimize the memory usage, although this is slower.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the outline will be generated.
Refer to the information on ParaView on Multiple Processors for more information.