ParaView Data Analysis (Pick/Probe)
The Data Analysis filter uses the VTK filter vtkDataAnalysisFilter. The filter samples point data at a cell, point, line, cell ID, or point ID.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted yellow when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Data Analysis from the main menu, or click on the Button.
- Initially the Data Analysis filter allows the user
- Pick the Query method (cell, point, line, cell ID, or point ID).
- Pick the Position of the point widget.
- Toggle the visibility of the point widget with the Visibility checkbox.
- Show the X-Y plot of the data.
- The Accept button must be pressed before the output will be generated.
Once the Accept button is pressed, the layout of the Data Analysis filter changes.
- The user can pick the query method (cell, point, line, cell id, or point id).
- The user can pick the position of the point widget.
- The user can toggle the visibility of the point widget with the Visibility checkbox.
- The user can show the X-Y plot of the data, change the plot title, the annotations on the X and Y axes, the legend, and plot type.
- The user can toggle all the Cell Scalars on/off.
The final section of the Data Analysis filter shows the type and values of scalars that are located at the point picked by the user.