The Delaunay2D filter uses the VTK filter vtkDelaunay2D. This filter creates a 2-D Delaunay triangulation from a set of input points (in the vtkPointSet format) that is nearly planar. The output is vtkPolyData.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Delaunay2D from the main menu.
- The user can select between the 'Project
Plane Mode'. The two options are:
- Use only the X-Y coordinates.
- Project onto a best fitting plane.
- The user can specify the distance value (Alpha) to control the output of this filter. For a value of zero, only triangles will be output. For a nonzero value, only edges or triangles within a bounding sphere centered at the mesh vertex will be output.
- The user can specify a tolerance to discard points that are spaced close together.
- The user can specify a multiplier in the Offset box to control the initial bounding triangulation.
- The user can toggle on/off the Bounding Triangulation checkbox. If true, this will output bounding triangulation points as part of the output. This feature is used for debugging purposes.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the output will be generated.