The Elevation filter uses the VTK filter vtkElevationFilter. This filter can be used to generate scalar values (within a user-specified range) for the active data set. ParaView accomplishes this by projecting each data set point onto an arbitrarily oriented line. A typical use of this filter is to generate scalars based on the height above a plane.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Elevation from the main menu.
- The Show Line checkbox toggles on/off the visibility of the line widget.
- The user can set the minimum and maximum point for elevation by editing the Low Point and High Point boxes.
- The X Axis button orients the elevation along the X-Axis.
- The Y Axis button orients the elevation along the Y-Axis.
- The Z Axis button orients the elevation along the Z-Axis.
- The user can set the Scalar Range of values to generate. By default, this is between 0 and 1.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the output will be generated.