ParaView Extract Selection
The Extract Selection Filter in ParaView will extract a set of cells or points given a selection.
- First the user turns on the Selection Inspector. This window is not turned on by default, but can be turned on by going to View->Selection Inspector.
- Next the user selects the data they wish to operate
on. They will need to change from interaction mode for the
. This can be accomplished by using the following icons.
- - Turn on interaction mode (rotate/translate/zoom) for the mouse.
- - Turn on selection mode for cells on the surface.
- - Turn on selection mode for points on the surface.
- - Turn on selection mode for cells in the data, not just on the surface.
- - Turn on selection mode for points in the data, not just on the surface.
- The user turns on the appropriate selection tool (cells or points) and then draws a rubber-band around them in the main window.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Extract Selection from the main menu. This will open the Extract Selection filter interface.
- Using the Copy Active Selection, the active selection will be used to extract the cells or points.
- The Apply button must be pressed before any extracted cells will be generated.