ParaView Extract Subset
To extract a Subset (also called a Volume of Interest) from a structured grid, ParaView uses the vtkPVExtractVOI filter.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Extract Subset from the main menu, or click on the Button. This will open the Extract Subset interface.
- In the VOI Section of the Parameters tab, the user can select the position of the subgrid. The location of the subgrid is changed by changing the maximum and minimum I, J, and K values desired for the subgrid.
- The Sample Rate Section allows the user to set the sampling rate for the I, J, and K dimensions. This allows the user to further subsample the grid.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the subgrid will be generated.
The Include Boundary checkbox is useful when the boundaries are not even multiples of the subsampling rate. Specifying bounds of 0 - 10 with a subsample rate of 3 will actually only extract 0-9 unless the Include Boundary is checked.