ParaView Gradient Magnitude
The Gradient Magnitude filter uses the VTK filter vtkImageGradientMagnitude. The filter computes the gradient magnitude using central differences, with the output stored as a scalar data array.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Gradient from the main menu.
- The Select Input Scalars pull-down menu allows the user to select which scalars to use in the gradient computation.
- The Dimensionality pull-down menu allows the user to select whether to perform a 2-D or 3-D gradient computation.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the output will be generated.