ParaView Height Map
To generate a height map in ParaView, the user will need to use two filters. The first filter is the Extract Surface filter. The second filter is the Warp (Scalar) filter. Combining these two will allow you to generate a height map.
- First the user will need to load some data. In this case we are using a PNG image of Hawaii.
- Next, the user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Extract Surface from the main menu.
- The Apply button must be pressed before any geometry will be generated.
- Then, the user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Warp (Scalar) from the main menu.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the height map will be generated. The Scale Filter box can be used to adjust the size of the height map.
Download the Hawaii HeightMap Dataset.