ParaView Mask Points
The Mask Points filter uses the VTK filter vtkMaskPoints. The filter passes through points and point arrtributes from the active input data set. All other geometry is not passed through this filter. The filter allows the masking of every nth point, or the masking of points randomly. The filter can be used to create vertices (which are renderable geometric primitives) as well as points (which are not renderable).
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Mask Points from the main menu.
- The user can select the ratio of the points retained using the On Ratio box.
- The user can select the maximum number of points created using the Max. Points box.
- The user can select the point to start with using the Offset box.
- Using the Random check box the user can select to make the masking of point random.
- Using the Generate Vertices check box the user can toggle on/off the creation of vertices (which will be rendered to the screen) instead of points (which will not be rendered to the screen).
- The Apply button must be pressed before the output will be generated.