ParaView Normals Generation
The Normals Generation filter uses the VTK filter vtkPPolyDataNormals. The filter generates and displays point normals for a polygonal model. Normals are computed for polygons and triangle strips)which are broken down into triangles). Lines and vertices do not have point normals calculated for them. The user may want to reapply the Triangle Strips filter after executing this filter.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Normals Generation from the main menu.
- The Splitting check box turns on/off the splitting of sharp edges.
- The Consistency check box turns on/off the enforcement of consistent polygon ordering.
- The Flip Normals check box reverses the normals.
- The Non-Manifold check box turns on/off transversal across non-manifold edges.
- The Cell Normals check box turns on/off the computation of cell normals.
- The Piece invariant check box removes internal surfaces between processes.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the point normals will be generated.