ParaView Octree Fractal
The Octree Fractal uses the VTK source vtkImageMandelbrotSource. The source generates and displays an Octree Fractal. If a two-dimensional extent is used, then the image is displayed. If a three-dimensional extent is used, the bounding box is displayed. The output of the Octree Fractal source is image data.
- The user selects Source->Octree Fractal from the main menu.
- The Dimension changes the dimension from 1, to 2 (the default), to 3.
- The Maximum Level changes the maximum level of the octree's subdivisions from 2 to 11. The default level is 5.
- The Minimum Level changes the minimum level of the octree's subdivisions from 1 to 10. The default level is 3.
- The Projection Axes boxes allow the user to choose which axis of the data to be displayed.
- The Origin CX boxes allow the user to specify the real and imaginary values for the constant C and initial value X. The initial values are -1.75, -1.25, 0, and 0. By lowering the initial real value of C from -1.75 to -2.0, it shifts the grid to the left. By raising the initial real value of C from -1.75 to -1.5, it shifts the grid to the right.
- The Size CX boxes allow the user to specify the length of the Octree Fractal plane to be created. The initial values are 2.5, 2.5, 2, and 1.5. By raising the initial length of C from 2.5 to 3.0, it lengthens the grid to the right.
- The Max. iterations box allows the user to specify the maximum number of iterations to be performed.
- The Subsample box allows the user to specify the subsample iterations to be performed.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Octree Fractal plane will be generated.