The Pick filter uses the VTK filter vtkPickFilter. The filter finds the point or cell closest to the input point and will output various information about the picked point.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Pick from the main menu.
- The Pick Type menu allows the user to pick a point or a cell.
- The Pick Method menu allows the user to pick a world point or cell ID.
- The Visibility checkbox toggles on/off the visibility of the point widget.
- The Label Point IDs checkbox toggles on/off the labeling by point IDs.
- The Show XY-Plot checkbox toggles on/off the X-Y plot.
- The Cell Scalars buttons toggles on/off the cell scalars.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.
ParaView 3.2.1 does picking differently than in ParaView 2.4.4. Instead of choosing to pick points or cells by going through the Filter menu, ParaView 3.2.1 allows the researcher to use the following icons to choose points or cells, either on the surface, or in the interior of the data.