The Probe filter uses the VTK filter vtkPProbeFilter. The filter samples data attributes at a point or along a line. Data from probed lines can be displayed in a graph.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Probe from the main menu.
- The Probe Type menu allows the user to pick a point source.
- The Show Point checkbox toggles on/off the visibility of the point widget.
- The Center on Bounds button centers the point widget in the center of the data.
- The Point boxes allow the user to position the point widget for probing.
- The Number of Points allows the user to choose the number of points.
- The Radius allows the user to choose a radius away from the point widget that the probe occurs.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.