The Random Vectors filter uses the VTK filter vtkBrownianPoints. The filter generates a new point data array for the active data set. This new point data array contains three components (that is, vectors) that are randomly generated.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Random Vectors from the main menu.
- The Min. speed box allows the user to select minimum size of the random point vectors generated.
- The Max. speed box allows the user to select maximum size of the random point vectors generated.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.