The Ribbon filter uses the VTK filter vtkRibbonFilter. The filter generates a ribbon surface from lines for the active data set. It is useful for taking streamlines and displaying them as streamribbons.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Ribbon from the main menu.
- The Vectors menu allows the user to select among vectors in the input data set.
- The Scalars menu allows the user to select among scalars in the input data set.
- The Width box allows the user to input the half-width of the ribbon.
- The Angle box allows the user to input the angle of the ribbon from the normal.
- The Use Default Normal check box toggles on/off the use of the default normal, if the input data set contains no normals.
- The Default normal boxes allow the user to change the default normal.
- The Vary Width check box toggles on/off the variation of the width of the ribbon by the scalar variable chosen above.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.