ParaView Save Batch Script
After a visualization has been created in ParaView, a user may want to save a batch script to reproduce the current visualization without executing ParaView again. This allows the results to be recreated without user intervention, through ParaView's batch mode. This opens up several possibilities for the user. For example, the user could have a time series of data that needs to have the same visualization techniques applied to it. By running in batch and changing the file name in the saved batch file, this would be possible. Another case where this might be useful is if a lower resolution data set was visualized first. Again, by running in batch, and changing the file name in the saved batch file, a later higher-resolution data set could be visualized with the same parameters with no user input.
- The user selects File->Save Batch Script from the main menu.
- The user selects where the file needs to be saved, and under what file name, then clicks Save. The data is not yet saved to disk.
- The user is then given a set of three options:
- The Offscreen check box toggles on/off whether or not ParaView renders off-screen.
- The Save Images check box toggles on/off whether or not ParaView should save images, if it is part of the batch script.
- The text box and Browse allows the user to select a filename and location to save the image files. If more than one image is to be saved, then ParaView will insert an image number before the file extension.
- The user selects Accept to save the file to disk. If the user does not want to save the batch script, click Cancel.
This option is not available in ParaView 3.2.1.