To generate slicing (or cutting) planes or spheres, ParaView uses the Cut Filter.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Slice from the main menu, or click on the Slice Button. This will open the Cut Filter interface.
- In the Slice Type: Plane section the user can select the position of the cut. The location of the plane is changed by changing the X, Y, and Z values of the Origin. The orientation of the plane is changed by changing the X, Y, and Z, values of the Normal direction.
- The user may select the X Normal, Y Normal, and Z Normal buttons to change the values associated in the Normal boxes.
- Camera Normal allows the user to have the slicing plane to be normal to the view.
- Reset Bounds button resets the slicing widget.
- The Center on Bounds button resets the slicing widget back to the center of the data.
- The Slice Offset Value allows the user to offset the slicing plane from the slicing widget. The New Value section allows the user to create multiple cutting planes by inputting new values. These show up in the Value Range section. Additionally, the user can add a New Range of values, Delete a single value, or Delete All the values.
- The Apply button must be pressed before any cutting planes or spheres will be generated.
- The color attributes of the cutting plane|sphere can be changed as is detailed in the Coloring Data in ParaView Section.