The Smooth filter uses the VTK filter vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter. The filter smoothes polygonal data from the active data set. It accomplishes this by moving points toward their neighbors iteratively.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Smooth from the main menu.
- The Num. Iterations box sets the number of smoothing iterations to perform.
- The Convergence box sets the convergence criteria for the iterative process.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.