ParaView Stream Tracer
The Stream Tracer filter uses the VTK filter vtkDistributedStreamTracerFilter. The filter generates streamlines for the active data set.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Stream Tracer from the main menu.
- The upper section determines the properties of the Stream
- The Vectors pull-down menu allows the user to select which vector to use for the stream tracers.
- The Max. Propagation menu sets the maximum propagation to be either by time or length.
- The Init. Step Len. menu can be set to time, length, or cell length.
- The Integration Direction menu can be set to forward, backward, or both.
- The Max. Steps determines the maximum number of steps the integrator is to take.
- The Term. Speed determines when a stream tracer is to end since its velocity has effectively reached zero (which is this terminal or ending speed).
- The Integrator Type menu allows the user to choose between using Runge-Kutta 2, Runge-Kutta 4, and Runge-Kutta 4/5 integration.
- The lower section determines the properties of the Seed.
- The Seed Type menu allows the user to choose between seeding the streamlines with a point cloud or a line.
- The Point Widget allows placement of the point widget when point cloud is selected above.
- The Line Widget allows placement of the line widget when line is selected above.
- The Show Point checkbox toggles on/off the visibility of the point or line widget.
- The Point boxes allow the user to position the point widget for seeding the stream tracers.
- The Radius box sets the radius when point cloud is selected above.
- The Number of Points box sets the number of points when point cloud is selected above.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.