The Threshold filter uses the VTK filter vtkThreshold. The filter extracts cells that have scalars in the specified range for the active data set.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Threshold from the main menu, or click on the Threshold Button. This will open the Threshold Filter interface.
- The Attribute Mode menu allows the user to select from using point data or cell data.
- The Scalars menu allows the user to select from various scalars in the data set.
- The Lower Threshold box specifies the minimum threshold value.
- The Upper Threshold box specifies the maximum threshold value.
- The Apply button must be pressed before any cutting planes or spheres will be generated.
- The color attributes of the cutting plane|sphere can be changed as is detailed in the Coloring Data in ParaView Section.