The Tube filter uses the VTK filter vtkTubeFilter. The filter generates tubes from lines for the active data set. This is particularly useful in turning Stream Lines into stream tubes.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Tube from the main menu.
- The Number of sides box specifies the number of sides for each tube. Increasing this number creates a tube that is a closer approximation to a cylinder.
- The Capping check box toggles on/off the placement of end caps on the tubes.
- The Radius box allows the user to specify the radius of the tubes.
- The Vary Radius menu allows the user to vary the radius of the tubes by a scalar or vector value, or to be turned off.
- The Radius Factor box allows the user to specify the maximum radius of the tube as a multiple of the minimum radius of the tube.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.