ParaView Warp (Scalar)
The Warp Scalar filter uses the VTK filter vtkWarpScalar. The filter moves point coordinates along a vector by a distance determined by a scalar for the active data set.
- First the user selects the data they wish to operate on from the Selection Window. It will be highlighted when this occurs.
- The user can then select Filter->Alphabetical->Warp (Scalar) from the main menu.
- The Scalars menu allows the user to select from various scalars in the data set.
- The Scale factor box allows the user to specify the displacement (normal vector times scale factor)
- The Normal boxes determine the vector to be used, if the following check box is toggled on. Otherwise the normals array is used.
- The Use Normal check box toggles on/off the use of the normal above.
- The X-Y Plane check box toggles on/off the use of the Z-values as the scalars. Warping is performed on the Z-axis. This can be used to create carpet plots. Any scalars can then be used to color the output object.
- The Apply button must be pressed before the Outline will be generated.