VisIt Curve Plots
The Curve plot displays X-Y data, from a 1-D simulation or a quantity that change over time, as a curve.
- In the Plot Manager section of the VisIt Main Window, select Plots->Curve and choose the scalar variable that you want.
- In the Plot Manager section, select PlotAtts->Curve
. This will bring up the Curve plot attributes window.
- The Draw curve using lines radio button allows you to
draw the curve with lines.
- The Line style allows you to change the style of the line from solid, dotted, dashed, or dot-dash.
- The Line Width allows you to change the width of the line.
- The Show points check box shows the data points on the curve.
- The Point Size field allows you to change the size of the points. It becomes enabled when the Show points check box is enabled.
- The Draw curve using symbols radio button allows you to
draw the curve with symbols.
- The Symbol changes the symbols that are plotted.
- The Density changes the density of the symbols.
- The Cycle colors check box allows VisIt to change the colors of the curve automatically. Turning this off allows the user to change the color of the curve with the Color box.
- The Legend check box turns on/off the curve legend.
- The Labels check box turns on/off the curve label.
- The Draw curve using lines radio button allows you to draw the curve with lines.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on the Draw button in the Plot Manager section.